Last updated May 16, 2023
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In summary, we collect personal information that you provide to us.
We gather personal information that you willingly provide to us when you register on the Services, express interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, participate in activities on the Services, or contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. It may include:
- Email addresses
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. If you make purchases, we may collect data necessary to process your payment, such as your payment instrument number and the associated security code. All payment data is stored by Stripe. You can find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy.
Social Media Login Data. We offer the option to register using your existing social media account details, such as Facebook, Twitter, or other social media accounts. If you choose this registration method, we will collect the information described in the section titled "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?" below.
All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate. Additionally, you must inform us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In summary, when you visit our Services, we automatically collect certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser and device characteristics.
Certain information is collected automatically when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity, but it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. We primarily collect this information to ensure the security and operation of our Services and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also utilize cookies and similar technologies to collect information.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. This type of data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information that our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services. It is recorded in log files and may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about your activity in the Services (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, viewed pages and files, searches, and other actions you take, including the features you use). It may also encompass device event information (such as system activity, error reports sometimes referred to as "crash dumps," and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We gather device data, including information about the computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this data may include your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
2. How do we process your information?
In summary, we process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, ensure security and fraud prevention, and comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for various reasons based on your interactions with our Services, including:
- Facilitating account creation and authentication and managing user accounts. We process your information to enable you to create and log in to your account and to ensure its proper functioning.
- Delivering and facilitating the delivery of services to the user. We process your information to provide you with the requested service
- Responding to user inquiries and offering support. We process your information to address your inquiries and resolve any issues related to the requested services.
- Sending administrative information to you. We process your information to send you important details about our products and services, as well as updates to our terms and policies.
- Preserving or protecting an individual's vital interests. We may process your information when necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual, such as preventing harm.
3. What legal bases do we rely on to process your information?
In summary, we only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and have a valid legal basis to do so under applicable law. This may include your consent, legal obligations, performance of a contract, protection of your rights, or fulfillment of our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR, we are required to explain the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information. We may rely on the following legal bases:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have provided us with specific permission (consent) to use your personal information for a particular purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or fulfilling your requests before entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information when necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, defending our legal rights, or disclosing information as evidence in litigation.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information when necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, such as in situations involving potential threats to someone's safety.
Legally speaking, we are generally considered the "data controller" under European data protection laws for the personal information described in this privacy notice because we determine the means and/or purposes of the data processing. This privacy notice does not apply to the personal information we process as a "data processor" on behalf of our customers. In such cases, our customers, with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement, are the "data controllers" responsible for your personal information. We process your information on their behalf in accordance with their instructions. If you want to know more about our customers' privacy practices, you should read their privacy policies and direct any questions to them.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have provided us with specific permission (express consent) to use your personal information for a particular purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (implied consent). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
However, there are exceptional cases where we may be legally permitted to process your information without your consent under applicable law. These cases include:
- If the collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and obtaining consent is not possible in a timely manner.
- For investigations, fraud detection, and prevention purposes.
- For business transactions that meet certain conditions.
- If the information is contained in a witness statement and is necessary for assessing, processing, or settling an insurance claim.
- For identifying individuals who are injured, ill, or deceased and communicating with their next of kin.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that an individual has been, is, or may become a victim of financial abuse.
- If it is reasonable to expect that collecting and using the information with consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information, and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a violation of Canadian or provincial laws.
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or court rules related to the production of records.
- If the information was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession, and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced.
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes.
- If the information is publicly available and specified by regulations.
Please note that these exceptional cases are subject to specific legal conditions and requirements.
6. How do we handle your social logins?
In short: If you opt to register or log in to our Services using a social media account, we may obtain access to specific information about you.
Our Services allow you to register and log in using your credentials from third-party social media accounts (such as Facebook or Twitter). If you choose this option, we will receive certain profile information from your social media provider. The details we receive may vary based on the relevant social media provider, but they often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, and other publicly shared information on the social media platform.
We will only utilize the received information for the purposes described in this privacy notice or as explicitly communicated to you through the relevant Services. It is important to note that we do not have control over, nor are we responsible for, how your third-party social media provider uses your personal information. We encourage you to review their privacy notice to understand their practices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information, as well as the methods to adjust your privacy preferences on their websites and apps.
7. How long do we keep your information?
Summary: We retain your information for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes stated in this privacy notice, unless required otherwise by law.
We will retain your personal information only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is mandated or permitted by law (such as for tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). None of the purposes stated in this notice will compel us to retain your personal information for a period exceeding three (3) months after your account termination.
Once we no longer have a legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize the information. In situations where deletion is not immediately possible (for instance, if your personal information is stored in backup archives), we will securely store and isolate your personal information to prevent any further processing until deletion becomes feasible.
8. How long do we keep your information safe?
Summary: We employ a combination of organizational and technical security measures to safeguard your personal information.
We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information we process. However, despite our efforts and the security measures in place, it is important to note that no electronic transmission over the Internet or storage technology can guarantee complete security. Therefore, we cannot assure or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will be unable to breach our security and gain improper access to, collect, steal, or modify your information. While we strive to protect your personal information to the best of our ability, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is done at your own risk. It is advisable to access the Services only in a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Services, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or, if you are the parent or guardian of a minor, you consent to the minor's use of our Services. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from users under the age of 18, we will deactivate the account and take appropriate measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you have any knowledge of data we may have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected].
10. What are your privacy rights?
In short: Depending on your location, you have certain privacy rights that provide you with greater control and access to your personal information. You can make requests to review, modify, or terminate your account.
In certain regions such as the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have specific rights granted by applicable data protection laws. These rights may include the following:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- Right to request correction or deletion of your personal information.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability, if applicable.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below.
We will carefully consider and take appropriate action in response to any requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and believe that your personal information is being processed unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or supervisory authority. In Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Withdrawing your consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact details provided in the section titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below. Please note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing done prior to the withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information based on lawful processing grounds other than consent, as permitted by applicable law.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or by contacting us using the details provided in the section titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below. Once unsubscribed, you will be removed from our marketing lists. However, please note that we may still need to communicate with you for non-marketing purposes, such as sending you important service-related messages, responding to your service requests, or other necessary administrative communications.
If you wish to review, modify, or terminate the information in your account, you can do so by logging into your account settings and updating your user account.
If you request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases upon request. However, we may retain certain information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our legal terms, and comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can usually choose to remove or reject cookies by adjusting your browser settings. It's important to note that removing or rejecting cookies may impact certain features or services of our website.
11. Controls form do-not-track features
Many web browsers, mobile operating systems, and mobile applications offer a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting that allows you to indicate your preference for privacy by choosing not to have your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Currently, there is no universally accepted technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals. Therefore, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanisms that automatically convey your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is established and becomes binding for us in the future, we will provide information about that practice in an updated version of this privacy notice.
12. Do we make updates to this notice?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to ensure compliance with relevant laws.
We may periodically update this privacy notice. The updated version will be indicated by a revised date and will be effective as soon as it is made accessible. If we make significant changes to this notice, we may notify you by prominently posting a notice of the changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice regularly to stay informed about how we protect your information.
13. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, you can email us at [email protected] or reach us by post at:
- PC7 d.o.o.
- 68 Cesta Andreja Bitenca
- 1000 Ljubljana
14. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
You have the right to request access to your personal information, make changes to it, or delete it. To request a review, update, or deletion of your personal information, please contact: [email protected].